« I'mSmile, I'm from Lisbon, Portugal.
I am 28 years old, 14 years to paint. »
Smile is 100% graffiti devoted for years now. Working a lot, on the streets, but also for some companies, he was on the beach this summer to paint on a surfboard. Different material, another experience, here comes some few words about this portugese young man.
* How did you discover graffiti?I discovered it through my cousin who already listen to rap and made drawings on his jeans. It was a lil' jump until I reach the wall.
* What was your first memory graffiti?I remember to see the letters EXAS, who is a famous writer, that inspired me to be part of it.
* There was a lot of writers back then?Yes! EXAS, WIZE, YOUTH, STUCK, CAB, BYZAR, SLAP, MOSAIK... and many more.
* You do commands and you have an artist work, how do you separate both?I try to keep the same language although on some work, I can not apply my technique, this is a matter of thinking, it is a job and the other does not.
* What is the best for you: doing something free outside or working for a company?I prefer painting in the street and what I want, and I like it. But this is not paying the bills, so I try to do both.
* What's inspiring?Everything that surrounds me.
* What's next for you?More work, more fun and a few personal projects! Stay tuned!